Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Treading uphill



I tread on these sharp rocks
Bare feet...
It hurts a little, but in this,
I find a spark of joy.
It glitters like gold,
Tempting me to move on,
So that I can grasp it all.
So that I may unlock
My chest of dreams.

I relentlessly go on,
Glancing at the crown of the hill.
This inspires me to conquer it.
No, I don't stop and dream,
I don't wish to be halfway.

I tread on these sharp rocks,
Bare feet...
I'm exhausted; I stop.
But I didn't quit yet.
I stand, motionlessly and
Deliberately turn back.
My valley is down there,
It's now distant, far off.

My steps grow firm,
My fatigue has disappeared.
I glance again at
The crown of my hill,
That's now not far.

I tread on these sharp rocks,
Bare feet...
Just a few more breathes
And I'll own you, my hill!
My feet are now so sore,
They bleed.
But I'm indifferent,
As now I'm at the top,
I'm the queen of this hill!

The little spark of joy,
Has now conquered my heart.
The steps of my sore feet,
Have helped me conquer my hill.

I've reached my destination,
I've reached my paradise now...

No comments: