Monday, October 8, 2007

Spring confessions...


I

Unstirred, unchanged trod on the dusts of
Abandoned breaths in the corridor of time.
Lost and vain, restless and unwanted forever
Wandering the nomadic eyes of stone, of mine.

To perish the hollowness of a betrayed heart
Was not the bare intention of my undying quest.
But a tranquil eternal sleep of this longing –
The lust for being wanted, I yearned to put at rest.

Long had been those poignant years when I did
Weep and pin away for the timeless loss I bore.
Danced to the tunes of a cold anguished winter,
Inexorably till the tears of blood made wounds sore.

The earth that bore me turned a haunting blood red,
Desolate wasn’t it from the mocking world beyond;
More keenly was the bare wound’s throbbing felt
Stolen, broken at last was a deceptive young bound!

Chill of winter grinned and pierced my reminisces,
Calling them closer, kept them etched to memory,
Yet abused them and struggled to keep them aside.
Ruled by insanity agitations whispered me unworthy.


II


Devoured by winter, the break of a healing spring,
Could by no means reconcile my hostile spirits
I could by no means to alter my aching serenity
And acceptance of the reign of resentment, permit.

Yet how very steadfast was this unwanted gay guest!
A pleasant shade, the brightness taking in my pain,
The bowling winds carrying away my curses and wails.
All that soft solace she bestowed with a dignified mien.

Day after day and night after night, threw herself by me
Nursed my wounds, singing low the tales of life’s truth
And kindling memories of long-forgotten crumbs of joy.
All that she could to waken in me the fiery spirits of youth.

Low but melodious a charming tune she blissfully played,
Letting a caravan of musical notes gracefully dance beside.
Unlocking a chest of astonishing fantasies of fable beauty,
That rested serenely in those dark pensive eyes, deep inside.

A whole new world of boundless joys and soaring dreams
She gradually opened the door to, as time did hastily fly.
Danced with me in the woodlands of both tears and smiles,
Understanding my silence, my eyes, their oceans and seas


III



Bitter questions on her altruistic care arose and lingered
In the mind that never be acquainted with the depth of it.
Trapped in this vain triangle of me, mine and just myself
I never accepted the sight of a candle of love being lit.

Silence and solitude my comrades in a life of obscurity.
Eyes had shed an ocean; witnessed nothing but frowns.
Strangled for long in a gray black portrait, faded colors.
Refusal to love forever; ‘Queen of darkness’ I was crowned.

But implausibly spring at last melted this cold stone heart
Allowed the golden beams of acceptance to slowly pierce;
Crushed those mountains of seclusion and sheer acrimony,
Just by someone lending a supportive hand after long years.

Seasons fade away soon, making way for another to reign,
Dusts of time cautiously bury them under the earth forever,
But some leave behind an impression, to be ever denied
Last forever, unchanged and treasured… an endless river!

Bringing shimmering smiles till the fading sunset of a life
Lightening the nights and brightening all the days through.
Blooming in hearts and not withering away till the very last
Oh! I confess today my dear spring, it’s none other that you!


No comments: