Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Losing my sangfroid


A meek voice is drowning
Amidst a deafening silence
Slowly and silently
Withering away secretly...

A new sun ascend
The night sky during the
Last hours of darkness,
Tearing apart the shadow
Of grotesque sanity and
Holding out a promise
Of wiping away
The reigning gloom.
But the deceitful golden rays
Dissolve in the twilight sky
Leaving behind a
Lingering essence of a
Dying hope...
Every dusk.

Burying the sangfroid
With an impish smile.
How devilish a silence!
Drinking the last drops
Of my hopeless optimism
Oh! How devilish a silence!



Hope and I are parting
And the 'me' in me is dead
You made me dance to the rhythm
Of an ephemeral joy all day
And now as the sun
Bids farewell to the orange sky,
I drag myself of out the trance
I had dwelled in.

This maddening stillness
Numbs my soul, its frozen now
Give me my cup of sanity
Don't depart...
Don't depart...

My voice has drowned
Amidst your deafening silence
Slowly and silently
It's withers away secretly...

No comments: